Hi! Thank you for visiting the Empower Through Health 2019 Holiday Campaign crowdfunding page.
Empower Through Health is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to providing the world’s most disadvantaged people with high-quality affordable healthcare. We serve a target population of over 70,000 people across 54 towns in the Buyende District in eastern Uganda.
In our first year since opening our health center on November 1st, 2018, a clinical outpost in the village of Mpunde, we’ve been able to provide 6,975 total patients with our suite of medical services. The treatments and services we’ve provided include:
· Enabling 272 women to access antenatal care and deliver 72 newborn babies
· Delivering free immunizations to 3,678 children and adults, in partnership with the Ugandan Ministry of Health
· Offer free screening for malaria, cataracts, and tuberculosis to 847 individuals
· Triage 2,106 patients visiting our clinic for routine and emergency visits
The Holiday Campaign enables us to sustain our core operations. Any contribution you are able to offer advances our mission of providing healthcare to enable individuals to take control of their own destinies.
As an example, suggested donations provide:
· $25 provides malaria testing and treatment for 40 people
· $50 provides another bed for inpatients.
· $125 provides 5,000 amoxicillin tablets to treat bacterial infections
· $300 provides around one months' salary for our nurse Zubeidah
· $600 provides us with funds to purchase new medical equipment for the clinic
· $1000 provides us with one months' worth of medication for the health center.
If you would like to join our fundraising team, click the 'Join Fundraiser' button above and you will be prompted through the process.
If you would be interested in discussing opportunities to volunteer, partner on developing future programs, or visiting our facilities, please don’t hesitate to let us know by clicking the 'Get Involved' button above or mentioning it in your donation comment.