Our Relay began in 2004 as a customized alternative to local overnight events to get young people involved in the fight against cancer. The only eligible participants are current 8th and 9th grade CB Middle School students, adult chaperones, survivors, and caregivers. Our students and community are proud to celebrate the following accomplishments:
- The highest fundraising middle school event for the American Cancer Society in the nation.
- Nationally ranked in the top 5 Youth Relays in the nation for 6 of our last 14 years.
- 2012 winner of the national Gordy Klatt award, most number of survivors at our event.
- 2,008 student participants.
- A donation average of $101 per student participant.
- 581 participating cancer survivors and caregivers.
- 2,281 attending adult chaperones.
- 3,008 luminaria circling both sides of the track.