Join or support our team!
Almost 100 years ago, our community rallied around the desire to build a community music school that would provide educational opportunities for everyone no matter their age, ability, or socioeconomic status. Today, The Hochstein School welcomes over 3,500 people of all ages for music, dance, and art therapy opportunities each year.
If you are unfamiliar with Hochstein, the core of our mission is to offer tuition assistance for those in need -- providing equal access to our community.
During the 2017-2018 school year, Hochstein awarded $312,266 in need-based assistance to almost half of our students – this is an increase of more than $40,000 compared to previous years.
Continuing this nearly 100-year legacy of community support, we would like to invite you to join Hochstein in fulfilling its mission. By supporting Hochstein, you create opportunities for…
• a preschooler from an inner-city neighborhood, so he can come to Hochstein and learn not only about music and dance, but also how to work with others in a supportive environment;
• an adult with autism to have access to our music lab and learn new ways to communicate;
• a senior citizen with Alzheimer’s to hold on to fond memories and experience joy through song;
• music and dance students with great potential from families with limited resources to have the chance to develop and excel in the arts and throughout their education;
• and so many more members of our community!
By joining us, you are building a vibrant and inclusive arts community within Rochester.
* * * Donate today using this page. * * *
Special thanks to FORTÉ CAPITAL LLC, Heveron & Company CPAs, and Alesco Advisors, LLC for sponsoring our Hochstein5K team!