We hope all of you and your families, friends, and employees out there are staying healthy and safe.
The Hoboken Shelter is working hard to make sure those in need in our community are well fed and being taken care of. As you may have heard, we had to cancel our April fundraiser (which would have been a totally tubular 80s dance party!) This cancellation, along with other emerging needs at the Shelter due to the pandemic, will seriously impact the services and support that we provide to our guests in 2020.
We need your help.
We need your help to fight Covid-19's impact on the most vulnerable in our community. This pandemic will undoubtedly most harshly affect the homeless and poor. The Shelter is in a battle to keep the homeless from getting sick and dying. Due to the cancellation of our fundraiser we need to make up lost revenue and be prepared to staff staggered lunches and dinners. Every dollar makes a difference.
A generous donor has volunteered to match donations made through the month of March up to $5,000 — so please contribute today!
How far will your dollar go?
Your sponsorship would directly impact the shelter in one of the following ways:
• For $2, you are providing one meal for one guest.
• For $20, you are sponsoring one skills-based workshop.
• For $50, you are sheltering one guest for an evening.
• For $300, you would be sponsoring a healthy dinner for ALL of our shelter guests for one evening.
• For $500, you would be sponsoring 25 skill-building workshops.
• For $1,000, you would be sponsoring a guest moving into their own apartment.
• For $2,500, you would shelter 50 homeless guests for one night.
• For $5,000, you would be sponsoring 15,000 showers for our guests!