Honors Across State Borders is a student-run service organization that focuses on combining education, service, and community engagement to work towards long-term change.
This past spring, HASB planned to travel to New Orleans, Louisiana to work with Habitat for Humanity, but unfortunately, due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the trip could not happen.
With this in mind, for the 2020 Hike for HASB, we will be making the journey to New Orleans together, but apart. We encourage everyone to participate as we aim to collectively travel 1450 miles, the distance from UConn to New Orleans, in one week!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
2. Post on social media and let your friends and family know! Encourage them to join!
- Use the flyers at the bottom of our registration form or write your own message
- Post with the hashtags #HikeForHASB2020 and #PositiveTracks
- If you would like, pledge miles for donations!
3. Join us for a virtual kickoff on Sunday, October 18th at 6:00pm!
- Learn what HASB is about
- get excited for the hike!!!
4. Hike with us! (Or alternatively, complete acts of service for miles!)
- Keep track of any miles walked, ran, or biked, and submit them each day using our google form
- If you are unable to walk/run/bike miles, complete acts of service within your community, such as making masks for donations or picking up trash at a park. 1 hour of service = 2 miles!
- Post updates on social media and tag us @uconnhasb and @postracks
5. Celebrate with us at our virtual closing ceremony on Sunday, October 25th at 6:00pm!
There is no fee to participate but we welcome and appreciate any and all donations! The Hike for HASB is one of our main fundraisers, and any funds raised go towards reducing the cost for members and towards a donation for the organizations we work with!
We would also like to thank Positive Tracks for all their help in bringing this event to life. In addition to their support, they will match up to $100 we raise for HASB and are providing us with this GoFundMe page. All donations made on this site will go to HASB.