Therapy Aid Coalition (TAC) is a 501(c)(3) public charity. Founded in March of 2020, TAC was born out of a need to support essential workers in the United States during the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. Tax-deductible funds donated will help us with programming, and to establish a scholarship fund, as well as to spread the word!
Therapy Aid Coalition's mission is to develop a national network of psychotherapists, capable of responding to crises that occur within the United States, presently, the Coronavirus pandemic. By offering support, training and compensation to our psychotherapists, we are able to ensure those impacted by national crises receive prompt quality care and support. By providing training opportunities and a community of support to our network of psychotherapists, we reduce the risk of burnout and vicarious traumatization.
- Therapy should be accessible and free to those impacted by national crises
- Therapists should be valued, supported and compensated for their expertise
- Therapists willing to assist in crises should be given training opportunities and support
- To serve essential workers, and victims of national disasters and crises within the USA
- To expand our network of therapists, nationwide
- To create free training and continuing education opportunities to support our therapists, prevent burnout and assist in reducing the likelihood of vicarious traumatization
- To develop partnerships with agencies (both public and private), in order to promptly deploy assistance during crises
- To generate a scholarship fund, to cover costs of therapy for those in need