Over the years, WA state has become home to many refugees from Syria. They have moved into their new communities, learned or vastly improved upon their English language skills, found jobs, enrolled in school and started new families. SCM has been helping them get started by collecting a distributing donated furniture and household goods (as they arrive to a new apartment with only their suitcases), helping them learn to get around in their new community, enjoy activities and make new friends. And most have been thriving, even to the extent of buying a home and starting a new business.
Now, amid the coronavirus outbreak in our state and across the nation, we are seeing so many of the refugee families lose their income and find themselves not able to buy food or pay rent. We need your help to help them weather this storm of economic uncertainty and loss caused by the COVID19 pandemic. We work with refugee families in the Puget Sound area as well as families in Spokane and the Tri-Cities.
Please consider donating to help support them:
• $100: will help feed a family of five for one week
• $250: will help support a family of five with food and other basic needs (baby care items (diapers, baby formula, etc.), medical & hygiene products and more) for a week
• $500: will help support two families for a week
• $750: will help support three families for a week
• $1,000: will help support four families for a week
• $5,000: will help support 20 families for a week or five families for a whole month
Any amount will help put food on their tables and make sure they have necessary supplies to make it through this unprecedented time in our country. They came here hoping for safety and new lives away from violence and war, they have worked so hard to become comfortable in their new homes and lives, and now they find themselves struggling once again just to get by day to day.