Last week the OLD FURNACE at The Montgomery Center for The Arts finally DIED. We are very happy to announce that we will be replacing it, sooner than we thought...Fred's Energy of Vermont has given us a good deal on a NEW and very UP to DATE model...Luckily we only had a slight hiccup so only a few workshops, classes, and other indoor community-based activities were temporarily not available. On Tuesday Feb. 11 we were altered by the Ballet Arts instructor that she and her students smelled a very bad smell when they entered our building on Monday Feb.10. We immediately contacted our heating provider Fred’s Energy of Vermont, who quickly responded and found that we had a hole in our furnace and it was leaking co2. They told us to close the building down. It's not safe for people to be occupying the space until the unit is replaced. We needed to cancel the remainder of winter classes, workshops, and events until this matter is fixed. We are working with Fred's Energy. They are being a great ally in this project and were concerned about us closing and canceling our programming for any period of time, especially the "Sweethearts Dance" a dance for the kids and is a fundraiser for Montgomery Elementary School. They worked on our problem and have also been willing to give us a payment plan for the new furnace.. This is a blessing in disguise. This situation has created a community awareness about what we do and offer the community and how something like this can affect many. The heartfelt effort and support of so many of you already has been very much appreciated! Thank you Fred’s Energy of Vermont!
As we have been researching and learning about this project we are also applying for a grant to help us fund this and other IMPORTANT IMPORTANT Winterization needs, as the Building is very old and in GREAT need of many things so that is where this project and fundraising will all go...as we are all volunteers it has been a heartening experience,Thank you