Support ViVe's COVID 19 Impact on the community
CLOSING THE GAP IN HEALTH EQUITY
ViVe aims to close the gap on health equity by providing wellness programs to Colorado’s low income communities that are linguistically and culturally diverse.
VIVE'S UPDATE DURING COVID-19
Over 80% of ViVe's instructors come from the same community we serve.
1) YOUTH WELLNESS VIRTUAL PROGRAM. We offer 5 after school programs for youth, emphasizing mindfulness, physical activity and stress relief. We see over 100 youth every week. Our classes are in Spanish and English. FREE to all youth. 400 youth in the last 5 weeks.
2) DELIVERING FOOD AND MEDICINE - Instructors have offered to acquire food from our food banks and purchasing medicine and deliver them to the families that have yet been been served. Most are older people with disabilities or single parents that have lost their jobs with multiple children. Many don't have access to social media or know about the programs. Over 300 individuals have been helped through this program.
3) OUTREACH - one family at a time. To check in on how they are doing. All participants who are being surveyed for needs: food, technical, wellness, medical help. 1100 reached up to date
4) COUNSELING CLASSES - We have created a new counseling class for our community and instructors. We have connected with a Cultural and Linguistic Psychologist to deliver the classes : "When Chaos Arrives Without Warning" and "Families living in Quarantine - how to talk and be with your loved ones". Offered in Spanish or English, FREE to all adults/parents. 112 participants reached up to date
5) OFFERING CURRENT RESOURCES, COMPLETING APPLICATIONS - Our staff is constantly sending resources, talking on the phone and helping them fill out the applications. Over 200 people served
6) OFFER SMALL PAYMENTS TOWARDS BILLS, PARTIAL RENT. Our funds are limited, however we help where we can by paying partial bills such as Xcel, partial rent.
Your gift will help provide immediate financial support so they can purchase essential food, medicines, and other supplies. Help support these amazing individuals and families!
We kindly ask that you join us in supporting our dedicated instructors and our ViVe Wellness community.