When someone in the community is in need, Commander Dean is always the first to help. Now Dean is in need, his Galveston home was destroyed in a fire this morning.
"Dean is a great guy," said VFW Post 880 Quartermaster Vernon Anderson. "He's the first one to give you the shirt off his back. I think people are realizing this and are ready to step up and help out."
Commander Dean lost most of his personal possessions along with irreplaceable family heirlooms.
The local fire marshall has not released a report of cause, but it was most likely due to faulty electrical wires that were especially burdened during our latest weather related outages.