The GBMC Sexual Assault Forensic Examination (SAFE) and Domestic Violence Program is the region’s most comprehensive sexual assault, abuse, and domestic violence center, offering victim services to patients across their lifespan.
In addition to providing forensic exams and domestic violence counseling at no charge to the patient, the program also provides free items to help victims get out of their dangerous situations.
Proceeds from this one-mile fun walk will support the Sexual Assault Forensic Examination (SAFE) and Domestic Violence programs to provide the services and funds to purchases these items for the victims:
· Get Away Bag (Adult): contains toiletries, sweatpants, a t-shirt, socks, underwear, and slippers (Estimated cost to replenish the bag $45)
· Bravery Bag (Child): contains a sensory ball, a teddy bear, a bravery story book, stickers, a coloring book, pajamas, and crayons (Estimated cost to replenish the bag $40).
· Safety Phone and minute card: $40.00
· Gift Cards: $25.00- $50.00- Enables victims to purchase meals for 2-3 days.
· Cab Vouchers: $12.00-$50.00
All men and women are encouraged to participate in the walk and post-party with food and prizes. Walk begins at 10:00 a.m.
Raise $200 to receive an 18oz. Walk a Mile in Their Shoes Red Hydroflask*
Raise $400 to receive a red Walk a Mile in Their Shoes Jacket
Raise $600 to receive both the hydroflask and rain jacket!