By supporting Girls Rise Leadership Camp, you are contributing to the creation of new women leaders in our community. It is vital for girls to have self-confidence to succeed. They must be unafraid to fail, undaunted by criticism and cynicism of their abilities, and be able stay true to their innate strengths. Your support will help us create a solid foundation from which the girls can build their skills and confidence to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Our program focuses on four pillars of development for the girls: empowerment, life skills, culture, and future. We make representation a priority by inviting guest speakers who are successful women of color. We expose them to new experiences by taking the girls on field trips, and providing interesting workshops and team-building activities. But we need your help to cover the cost scholarships for girls
Here are some of the things that your donations can make possible:
- $50 pays for supplies for the girls to tie dye t-shirts.
- $100 pays for healthy snacks or breakfast or provide bag lunches for girls whose families are unable to provide lunch during the program hours.
- $350 dollars pays for admission to Hansen Dam to keep the girls active and show them that exercise can be fun.
- $500 will pay for a bus to tour universities (to help girls envision themselves on campus), visit museums such as the California African American Museum, and explore La Plaza de Cultura y Artes to foster an understanding of cultural history and to become more inclusive, fair, and respectful of others.
- $1000 funds a scholarship for girls who don't have the means to attend camp. They'll be able to explore colleges, immerse themselves in culture at museums, learn leadership skills, and meet successful women in a variety of fields.
We need your help! By making a donation to the YWCA Pasadena-Foothill Valley, you can help us change the world, one girl at a time! Please sponsor a girl, a field trip, supplies, or even a just a day of snacks for our girls. You can help make a difference in our summer camp girls' lives. We depend on you!