On November 9, 2019, Nashville will host the annual Nashville Marathon, Half Marathon and 5k, for which Gilda’s Club Middle Tennessee is the charity partner. You can help us make the most of this opportunity to build awareness of our FREE cancer support program and raise critical funding by doing one (or more!) of three things:
1. Ask your friends and family to sponsor you in your run with 100% of their donation going to Gilda's Club. (Register for the race here.) Then, simply share this page - via email or your social channels - and ask people to give via the Donate button above. (There will be a place for your cheerleaders to specify that the donation is on your behalf.)
2. Create a team and invite your friends and family to raise money for Gilda's Club, too. To get started, click on the Join button above. (NOTE: Many companies will sponsor such teams, so be sure to ask your employer if this is an option for you - or call Hayley at Gilda's Club at 615-329-1124 and she can help you find out.)
3. Not a runner or prefer to be a cheerleader? No problem. You can still support Gilda's Club by buying a team T-shirt or making a one-time, individual donation now by clicking the Donate button.
Why Support Gilda’s Club?
· Three in four families are impacted by cancer.
· In Tennessee (ranked 46th nationally for cancer deaths), ~37,000 new diagnoses will be made this year.
· Among those diagnosed, 47% are at risk of clinical depression - and this number doesn’t even address the effects felt by caregivers.
· Throughout Middle Tennessee - in our workplaces and in our neighborhoods - people are in need of emotional and social support to help them through their cancer experience. ·
When you support Gilda’s Club, you help ensure no one has to face cancer alone. Our proven cancer support program helps people live “a good life with cancer,” “find hope,” connect with “people who understand” and more.
About Gilda’s Club Middle Tennessee
Gilda’s Club Middle Tennessee is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to providing support, education and hope to all people impacted by cancer, including family members and friends of those diagnosed. Free of charge to everyone, Gilda’s Club serves men, women, children and families from locations in Nashville and Franklin with:
· Support groups
· Individual, couples and family counseling
· Health coaching
· Parent coaching
· Healthy lifestyle workshops
· Mind-body classes
· Social activities
· Educational lectures and resource information
To learn more, visit www.gildasclubmiddletn.org.