This February for American Heart Month, let’s join together to help prevent heart disease and stroke.
The Community Outreach Team has joined the American Heart Association again this year to support the “Go Red for Women” movement and help increase heart health awareness, save lives, and fight against heart disease in women. HELP US REACH OUR GOAL OF $1,500 with a donation to support this cause. MMI will match employee donations dollar for dollar, up to $500. Make a donation and receive a heart pin or wristband (with a donation of $5 or more) or paper heart (with donation of $1 or more).
Donate here on this fundraising page. Share the link with family and friends.
● Celebrate Wear Red Day on February 25 in all offices, and ask employees to wear red to show support and awareness for the disease.
● Join us for a presentation by Dr. Heather Swales and the American Heart Association on “Women and Heart Disease.” A heart-healthy lunch will be provided by MMI at all offices.
Here are just a few ways your donations can make a difference.
● $10 Teaches more than 100 adults save a life by recognizing the signs of heart attack or stroke and how to administer CPR or use an AED. Provides a wallet card they can keep in their back pockets for reference.
● $10 Makes it easier for people to find AEDs in public places. This donation covers the costs of placing nine identification stickers in public places, directing people to these devices that can save someone’s life. Congress mandated the public placement of AEDs in response to AHA lobbyists.
● $15 Reaches 100 African-American or Hispanic individuals with heart disease and stroke prevention information, and encourages them to participate in Search Your Heart, our cultural health program.
● $20 Highlights stroke risks for 50 individuals and gives them a better understanding of how they can help prevent cardiovascular disease.
● $100 Provides information and inspiration to help four stroke survivors maximize recovery and independence with a subscription to Stroke Connection, a bi-monthly periodical and our biggest outreach to stroke families.
● $200 Engages 1,000 women to learn their risk of heart disease by conducting their own Go Red Heart Checkups.
● $300 Teaches 10 families in your community the connection between good food and good health by showing them the ultimate heart-healthy recipes in The New American Heart Association Cookbook.