At the heart of Staplehouse and Giving Kitchen: a supper club. Now it's your turn to make your kitchen a Giving Kitchen.
On January 15, 2009, Jen and Ryan Hidinger published a blog post, "What are we doing?," that would change their lives and, unbeknownst to them, the lives of countless others. Prelude to Staplehouse was born, and the rest of the story - both tragic and triumphant - led to the foundation of both Giving Kitchen and Staplehouse.
The GK Supper Club represents a return to our roots and a chance to turn your kitchen into a Giving Kitchen - while changing the life of a restaurant worker in crisis.
How it Works
- Start your GK Supper Club CrowdRise page and pledge your support. Once your CrowdRise page is created, you can go to your dashboard to edit the description for your GK Supper Club. Let the Giving Kitchen know when you're hosting a party and we'll send you a GK Supper Club host kit.
- Plan your party: Hors d'oeuvres, family-style, buffet or formal dinner, they all qualify for the GK Supper Club!
- Let everyone know about your GK Supper Club, and get ready for the big day! Our GK Supper Club kit will help you prep.
- During your GK Supper Club, let your guests know about who Giving Kitchen is and what we do, and ask them to support our mission on your GK Supper Club page (or make a check donation to send in). Our video and talking points will make this step a breeze.
- Enjoy your supper club, and send everyone home with all the feels about the impact they just made for restaurant workers!
We are grateful that you're inviting people into your home because of your commitment to help restaurant workers, so while we have outlined some options for how to host a GK Supper Club, it's really all up to you.
And if a dinner party is too much stress, don't forget our heart is in the restaurant, as well. Take your friends out to your favorite restaurant, foot the bill and ask them to pay it forward by giving to GK!
More details about how to host your GK Supper Club at givingkitchen.org/supperclub.