WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Habitat South Hampton Roads (SHR) is adhering to all directives and recommendations provided by Habitat International, the White House, CDC and all other federal and local governments as we collectively combat the COVID-19 Pandemic.
In order to do so, and to protect our partner families, volunteers, retail customers, employees and the general public, the following actions have been taken:
• All construction has been halted
• Our two ReStores, the sources of our operational revenue, were closed
• Our office is closed. Designated staff are working from home
• All pick-ups of material donations have been suspended
As anticipated, significant, negative COVID-19 economic impact to Habitat SHR has shown a decline in much-needed monetary donations. Therefore, the additional following actions have been taken:
• All future construction projects are on hold
• All hourly employees were laid-off
• All salaried staff’s compensation was reduced by 50%
• Where possible, all service contracts have been cancelled
• All vendors have been asked to provide price considerations
• Measures have been taken to reduce energy/utility consumption
Unfortunately, in spite of all of our actions Habitat SHR finds itself in a critical cash-flow situation. Similar to other organizations that rely on the public’s generosity, we must immediately raise money to sustain Habitat SHR until the COVID-19 crisis is over, so that we can return our staff (many shown in our picture) to work and full pay.
We will also be able to quickly to return to serving our mission of building affordable housing for local, low-income families. These families are the most economically vulnerable and will most likely be the most adversely impacted community as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
WE NEED YOUR HELP MORE THAN EVER.
Please consider making a donation to Habitat SHR’s COVID-19 Relief Campaign.
I suspended his salary during this crisis. CAN I COUNT ON YOUR SUPPORT?
Thank you for your consideration and I pray for the safety of you and your family.
Executive Director, Habitat SHR