"I've been with Groundwork Richmond pretty much my entire high school career, and this program has given so much purpose in my life because I was doing more than your average teenager. Groundwork showed me that if I push myself, I am capable of anything. It felt great giving back to the community that I lived in and along the way I learned so much about Richmond." - Nia Alexander, Groundwork Alumni, Graduated Summer 2017
#GivingTuesday is an international day of giving, following Thanksgiving and Black Friday. The power of #GivingTuesday is in amplifying the small acts of kindness happening all over the world by bringing people together to make a change in their communities collectively.
Save the date this #GivingTuesday, Nov. 27th, & support:
- Connecting diverse youth & under-served communities to national parks across the U.S.
- Providing education & career training to youth
- Reducing pollution locally with the power of trees
- Building parks with the community for the community
- Creating a lending library for outdoor recreational equipment that YOU and the community can use
- And so much more!
Donations raised on and leading up to this powerful day will go to programs in the community that wouldn't have had the chance to grow every year without supporters like YOU. Be a part of making a global impact and donate this #GivingTuesday!