Give Knowledge, Give a Voice, Give Hope.
PCHA - VA strives to help CHD families & patients feel equipped, supported, & empowered to advocate for their needs and feel confident in the quality of their care. Through social, educational & advocacy events that connect CHD patients & families & distributing educational materials & care packages, the Pediatric Congenital Heart Association of Virginia works directly with patients, families, medical professionals and partner organizations to help Conquer CHD.
Local activities include:
- Conquering CHD Kits offering critical information and a personal connection for patients with CHD of all ages through individualized care packages
- Social events providing a safe environment to celebrate life & simple joys together or to remember our loved ones together
- Advocacy activities sharing our stories to improve federal research funding
- Research promotion and participation helping promising developments become reality
- Physician education improving understanding of congenital heart disease from the patient and family perspective
- Online chat networks bringing people with similar experiences together
- In-person peer support offering patients and families encouragement and insight from someone who has walked a similar path
Please help us reach our Giving Tuesday goal, so we can continue to support CHD families in Virginia as we aim to Conquer CHD.