Soldiers’ Angels staff is working tirelessly amid the COVID-19 pandemic to provide aid and comfort to deployed service members, their families, and veterans in need.
We strongly believe that it is our responsibility to ensure that No Soldier Goes Unloved, No Soldier Walks Alone, No Soldier is Forgotten, Until They All Come Home.
Below are some of the ways that we are assisting our brave men and women in uniform and those who have fought so gallantly for our freedom in the past. Many of these services are geographic-specific depending on the needs of the VA Hospitals and communities that we support.
• Providing Tablets and devices for veteran patients at VA’s to video chat with family and do virtual patient visits.
• Providing medical transport for homeless COVID positive veterans to get to designated quarantine housing facilities.
• Providing non-perishable box lunches for low-income veterans who cannot get out to the grocery store due to quarantine measures and homeless veterans.
• Making and providing handmade masks to VA Hospital personnel.
Providing hygiene kits to VA staff to hand out to veteran patients at the VA on lockdown whose family’s cannot come in and bring them these items from home.
• Providing hot meals to VA Hospital Medical Staff on the front-lines of health care.
• Supporting deploying and deployed units who were activated for COVID relief through care packages, meals, hygiene and snack items, and other immediate needs.
• Supporting the caregivers of wounded, ill or injured service members in our Women of Valor program with supplemental food to help them feed their families.
• Hosting Mobile Food Distributions in six locations throughout the United States (San Antonio, TX; Detroit, MI; Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; Charleston, SC; Denver, CO) with providing groceries to over 200 low-income veterans and their families. We will continue this service within the guidelines of the federal, state and local governments.
Sending care packages to deployed service members in areas where supplies are limited.
• Delivering meals to veterans who are elderly or have health conditions that limit their ability to leave their homes for food due to COVID exposure risk.
As additional needs arise, we will be ready to serve based on our resources.
More information about Soldiers' Angels Foundation: Soldiers' Angels provides aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families.