We are excited to participate in the #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of giving and unity, as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. The day is designed to drive an influx of generosity, citizen engagement, business and philanthropy activation, and support for communities and nonprofits around the world.
GoFundMeCharities is matching donations once we hit the $1,000 mark!
More than 6 weeks ago, United Way of Forsyth County started raising funds to support our residents affected by the pandemic. Thankfully, our online and Facebook family answered the call then and we are hoping more are driven to help now. With your continued support, we can help the most vulnerable individuals and families in our community who are and will continue to suffer from the impact of this virus.
Now for some good news! With the funds we have received so far, we have been able to :
* Purchase and distribute 400+ toiletry bags to families on the Forsyth County Schools meal bus route
* Package 150 (and counting) school supply and activity kits for our county's students
* Donate 500 N95 masks , 100 face shields and 8 gallons of handsanitizer to frontline healthcare providers at Georgia Highlands Medical Services
* Pay out $28,000 for client assistance, medical supplies for GA Highlands, toiletry items, cleaning supplies, school supplies and small food pantry needs
* Answer 130+ calls from residents needing emergency financial assistance, to help our most vulnerable keep the lights on or a roof over their head
As our state begins to re-open, many of our residents will continue to face challenges for many months. Please consider making a tax deductible donation, no matter the amount.
To see examples of how United Way of Forsyth County is follow us on Facebook or Instagram or our website at www.unitedwayforsyth.com
Together we help, together we win, together we LIVEUNITED