I can honestly say I have the BEST JOB EVER as the Program Director for Give Merit. Every week I get to hang out with the most remarkable highschoolers from Detroit who constantly inspire me, make me laugh, and who DREAM BIG!! If you're like me and are overwhelmed at times about how you can truly make an impact and be a world-changer, THIS IS IT. This is your chance to directly impact the lives of youth in Detroit and help them to ASPIRE, BELIEVE, and CONTRIBUTE. Any amount can go a VERY LONG WAY. Read more about our organization and specifically what your money can go towards below!
Hello! We are Give Merit - a community-based nonprofit supporting the next generation of world-changers in Detroit, MI. In the last 7 years we have:
- Developed FATE, a 4-year cohort-based program, helping young people in Detroit aspire, believe, and contribute. Through this program, we work to develop long-lasting relationships, expose youth to new and exciting people, places, and things, give them hands-on experiences in a variety of industries, and provide college scholarships.
- Had 100% of our first cohort graduate from high school and receive college acceptance.
- Distributed $70,000 in college scholarships.
- We have 70 rising 10th, 11th, and 12th graders (and 25 more 9th graders joining this fall) participating in the FATE program through their senior year!
- We are supporting 22 FATE alumni through an Alumni Engagement Program.
- We bring on a new cohort each year, so by next year we will have approximately 100 high school students, and 22 college students.
We want to continue having impact, so we are raising funds for:
- Workshop meals & snacks: $125 per workshop
- Students transportation to & from workshops: $220 per bus
- Student participation cost: $400 per month
- College scholarship fund: $1,250 per year, per student
EVERYTHING helps. Thank you.