This year is big. Our first graduating class (Class of 2016) is heading into their senior year of college! AND Our next graduating class (Class of 2020) is heading into their senior year of high school!
This year, I'm asking for donations to support the FATE Scholarship Fund. Each of our graduating seniors entered this program with a scholarship promise of $5,000 if they upheld program standards. Clock is ticking - only 10 months until they graduate. If you have the ability to give one scholarship ($5,000), that is amazing. If you want to contribute toward the fund as a whole, that is amazing. Please help us limit the financial burden on our students. And, if you're curious how else we'll be supporting them, leave a note with your donation - I'd love to share!
---More info below---
Hello! We are Give Merit - a community-based nonprofit supporting the next generation of world-changers in Detroit, MI. In the last 7 years we have:
- Developed FATE, a 4-year cohort-based program, helping young people in Detroit aspire, believe, and contribute. Through this program, we work to develop long-lasting relationships, expose youth to new and exciting people, places, and things, give them hands-on experiences in a variety of industries, and provide college scholarships.
- Had 100% of our first cohort graduate from high school and receive college acceptance.
- Distributed $70,000 in college scholarships.
- We have 70 rising 10th, 11th, and 12th graders (and 25 more 9th graders joining this fall) participating in the FATE program through their senior year!
- We are supporting 22 FATE alumni through an Alumni Engagement Program.
- We bring on a new cohort each year, so by next year we will have approximately 100 high school students, and 22 college students.