INVEST IN GIRL CHANGEMAKERS IN ETHIOPIA WITH GGRF
*Please note that this trip has been postponed due to COVID-19 related travel restrictions. We hope to move forward with this trip in 2021.
As part of the GGRF 2020 Ethiopia Trip, participants are raising money to support two sponsorships for GGRF Athletic Scholars and their families. $600 per year provides an Athletic Scholarship for a girl and her mom in Ethiopia. Your donation today can make a transformative change in the lives of girls and women in Ethiopia. Donations made will go towards providing the following for GGRF Athletic Scholars and their mothers this year:
• Full scholarship to attend secondary school, including healthcare for student and her mom, daily meals, uniform, books, tutoring, access to school clubs and library, showers and space to wash clothes on the weekend.
• Completion of the GGRF/Center for Creative Leadership Life Skills Curriculum developed to create safe spaces for girls and provide experiential learning modules on family planning, financial literacy, HIV/AIDS awareness, nutrition, healthy relationships, leadership, and creative expression.• Running clothes, shoes and healthy snacks for the year
• Entrance and transportation to Ethiopian races throughout the year
• Oversight of a coach and running mentor
• Entrepeneurship training for the mothers of the Athletic Scholars, establishment of a collective savings group, and oversight of the savings group.
ABOUT THE GGRF 2020 ETHIOPIA TRIP
Join us June 21-27th, 2020 for the trip of a lifetime. Visit Ethiopia's most iconic sites: Lalibela, Bekoji, and Addis Ababa. Experience Bekoji through the eyes of the GGRF Athletic Scholars. Meet the girls, families, and coaches that make Bekoji the running Mecca of Ethiopia. Travel to Lalibela to visit Ethiopia's historic rock hewn churches designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Spend time in Addis Ababa and enjoy the rich culture of food, music, running, and coffee. Leave a lasting impact by investing back in the GGRF Bekoji community.
ABOUT GIRLS GOTTA RUN FOUNDATION
Mission: Girls Gotta Run Foundation invests in girls who use running and education to empower themselves and their communities.
GGRF is the first and only non-profit organization in Ethiopia using the national sport of running as an innovative approach to creating safe spaces, ending child marriage and expanding access to secondary school for vulnerable girls.
The GGRF Athletic Scholarship Program: GGRF programs focus on four key investment strategies for girls and their mothers: education, running, life skills, and savings and entrepreneurship.
The GGRF Athletic Scholarship is a grassroots program that integrates education, life skills, safe spaces, athletics, savings groups and entrepreneurship to holistically address the diverse challenges facing adolescent girls ages 11 to 18 and their families in Ethiopia. For more information about this program and GGRF's work in Ethiopia visit www.girlsgottarun.org