Online registration is now closed, you are welcome (and encouraged!) to bring friends and family! Day-of registration is available at the same price of $30 for walkers and $15 for student walkers.
The GBMC Sexual Assault Forensic Examination (SAFE) and Domestic Violence Program is the region’s most comprehensive sexual assault, abuse, and domestic violence center, offering victim services to patients across their lifespan.
In addition to providing forensic exams and domestic violence counseling at no charge to the patient, the program provides some items to help victims get out of their dangerous situations:
· Get Away Bag (Adult): $45.00- contains toiletries, sweatpants, a t-shirt, socks, underwear, and slippers.
· Bravery Bag (Child): $40.00- contains a sensory ball, a teddy bear, a bravery story book, stickers, a coloring book, pajamas, and crayons.
· Safety Phone and minute card: $40.00
· Gift Cards: $25.00- $50.00- Enables victims to purchase meals for 2-3 days.
· Cab Vouchers: $12.00-$50.00
Proceeds from this one-mile fun walk will support the Sexual Assault Forensic Examination (SAFE) and Domestic Violence programs at GBMC. All men and women are encouraged to participate in the walk and post-party with food and prizes. Walk begins at 10:00 a.m.
Register as a Supporter or raise $200 to receive an 18oz. Walk a Mile in Their Shoes Red Hydroflask*
Register as an Advocate or raise $400 to receive a red Walk a Mile in Their Shoes Jacket
Register as a Champion or raise $600 to receive both the hydroflask and rain jacket!
*if you would like to receive a pair of red converse in lieu of the bottle please contact the Foundation
*Donations in the form of checks will also be accepted made payable to GBMC Foundation and mailed to:
6701 N Charles St.
Towson, MD 21204