In lieu of traditional gifts, we would be honored for you to make a gift to the Internal Rescue Committee.
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and in 25 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people. Here are highlights of our impact over the last year:
In 2018, the IRC and our international program partners:
- Provided 1.6 million children with schooling and education opportunities.
- Supported 15,645 existing businesses and 4,738 new businesses.
- 21,982 people participated in awareness-raising sessions on governance-related topics, such as individual rights, conflict mitigation and local government hotlines.
- Trained 23,852 people on child protection, gender-based violence and protection principles, and service delivery.
- Reached 1.2 million people through our efforts to raise awareness about human rights, protection and gender-based violence.
- Supported 27,827 village saving and loan association (VSLA) members. VSLA participants saved more than 1 million USD.
- Supported 16,177 schools, education centers, vocational training centers and safe healing and learning spaces.
In the United States in 2018, the IRC:
- Served 9,127 people with economic empowerment programs, including financial coaching, vocational training and asset building.
- Assisted 2,175 children and parents seeking asylum in the U.S. and resettled 5,374 refugees and SIV recipients across 25 U.S. cities.
- Worked with 8,027 volunteers in the U.S. who collectively provided more than 200,000 hours of service.