The vivacious and sparkly Brandy DeGarmo passed tragically on Sunday February 6th from carbon monoxide poisoning from the coals burnt while trying to stay warm in a tent at the Village Camp. Her partner Michael was taken to the hospital and spent multiple hours in a chamber fighting for his life. He has been released, but is in deep mourning and The Village Cooperative in conjunction with the Nomad Alliance is raising money so he and a community who loved her very much can properly pay their respects and say goodbye. She spent 30 years forgotten on the streets, but does not deserve to be forgotten in death. Her legacy will live on to prevent tragedies like this from ever happening again.
This $3,000 tax deductible fundraising effort will cover the following:
$2317 - cost of cremation, embalming for one hour viewing so her loved ones can pay their respects, cremation licene, death certificate, rented casket for the viewing at IPS Mortuary & Crematory
$683 - a stipend to go to her partner to help him get back on his feet. The Village Cooperative will be housing him and the Nomad Alliance will work to help him apply for social security disability, replace his ID, get his warrants expunged, etc.