We're so grateful to everyone who spent last weekend Climbing the Mountain of Change. Our community rode 19,021 total miles, climbed 1,131,013 feet (that's equivalent to summiting Mt. Everest 39 times!), and—most importantly—raised over $15,000 for Outdoor Afro.
DuVine’s mission is for everyone to experience the feeling of freedom that comes with riding a bike. We’ve seen firsthand how bike travel can dismantle the barriers between cultures. But in the United States—our own backyard—it’s painfully clear that these fundamental freedoms are not readily available to all, and barriers remain very much in place.
We are challenging our staff, guides, and community to Climb the Mountain of Change to raise funds for Outdoor Afro, the nation’s leading, cutting-edge network that celebrates and inspires Black connections and leadership in nature.
When: July 11 (or anytime between July 1 - 12)
DuVine guides and staff have pledged to collectively bike the elevation of Mt. Everest (29,029 ft / 8,848 meters). Scroll to the bottom to find your favorite guide and support their ride!
How to Get Involved:
• Donate to support your favorite DuVine guide or staff member on their ride
• Donate, bike along with us, and join our Climbing the Mountain of Change Strava Club to track your ride
• Share the fundraiser with your friends and family and ask them to donate
• Or, simply donate to support the cause. Every amount helps!
Who We're Supporting:
Outdoor Afro is at the forefront of helping more people—particularly Black people—equitably reconnect with the natural world through outdoor recreation. The organization facilitates activities such as hiking, biking, camping, environmental education, conservation stewardship, and more. These activities promote not only a healthy lifestyle—they also help communities find healing, connect to Black history found in many natural areas, and inspire an increased desire to protect vulnerable public lands for all to enjoy.
Watch an interview with Rue Mapp, founder and CEO of Outdoor Afro, on the TODAY Show.
• Andy Levine (CEO/Founder)
• Marco Lombardi (Italy Guide)
• Arien Coppock (Italy Guide)
• Tom Coppock (Italian General Manager / Italy Guide)
• Libby Bassett (Italy Guide)
• Valentino Trapani (Italy Guide)
• Isacco Scanavino (Italy Guide)
• Riccardo Rocchi (Italy Guide)
• Giacomo Oci (Italy Guide)
• Olivier Girault (France Guide)
• Lori Beers (France Guide)
• Lewis Roberts (France Guide)
• David Lefevre (France Guide)
• Charlotte Lavantureux (France Guide)
• Radka Ramain + Family (France Operations / France Guide)
• João Picado (Portugal Guide)
• Pedro Carvalho (Portugal Guide)
• Gonzalo Adell (Spain Guide)
• Chris Hoenderkamp (Holland / Spain Guide)
• Filipe Gomes (Portugal Guide)
• Edd Naud (USA Guide)
• Josh Goldberg (USA Guide)
• Nate Hurst (USA Guide)
• Alex Timon (Spain Guide)
• John Sheppard (France Guide)
• Ernesto Araneda (Spain / Chile Guide)
• Lukas Svarovsky (Czech Republic Guide)
• Vítek Procházka (Czech Republic Guide)
• Paolo Casalis (Italy Guide)
• Maurizio Sabatini (Bike Mechanic)
• Deena Giancotti (VP of Marketing/Sales)
• Bobo Widing-Jonsson + Family (VP of Product/Operations)
• Megan Robinson (Director of Product)
• Sybille Steiner (Director of Sales)
• Mia Liefeld (Marketing + Content Director)
• Gwen Kidera (Creative Director)
• Sarah Broge (Operations Manager)
• Hannah Miller (Travel Specialist)
• Julia Paglierani (Tour Coordinator)