For the last 3 years i have served as a Board Member fighting to advance Reproductive Justice for Black women and girls with an organization that has been near and dear to my heart, New Voices for Reproductive Justice. It is with a heavy heart that i step down from this pivotal role to pursue other endeavors and embark on a new journey and I need your to help me go out with a BANG!
New Voices has sharpened my analysis around gender justice, and the need for Black women, femmes, and girls to have agency in our decision making, and bodily autonomy over our health and well being. New Voices for Reproductive Justice challenges systems simply by existing, and by being BOLD enough to be in and of service of Black Women and i am eternally grateful to this organization and its members.
As a farewell, and for NVRJ's 15th Anniversary I ask that you donate what you can this #GivingTuesday on my behalf to keep this amazing organization going! This fight takes all of us, and i am looking to you all to lift me up this one last time.
Here's how your donation makes a difference:
- $15 is a solidarity contribution for 15 years of New Voices
- $20 makes you a Member of New Voices and grows our membership base
- $75 maintains our presence on social media on a variety of platforms
- $100 covers the cost of equipment and supplies for one Voice Your Vote! Project canvasser each campaign
- $150 makes use of the New Voices headquarters as community space affordable
- $250 is a program stipend for our Environmental Justice Leadership Network participants
- $500 covers the cost of our regular SistahSpeak! Youth Project Leadership Council sessions
- $1,000 keeps our New Voices Cleveland office doors open each month
- $1,500 covers the cost of planning policy briefings and trainings with policymakers and legislators
- $2,500 pays for the cost of hosting a New Voices intern
Learn more about New Voices for Reproductive Justice below!
We still have our joy. We have infinite love for the Reproductive Justice movement. We are celebrating 15 years of New Voices for Reproductive Justice. Some have asked why start a movement like this in Pittsburgh. Some have ask why do this work if it is so difficult, challenging and unending. Some have also ask what inspires us to continue. Our answer is simply this...FOR THE JOY OF BLACK REPRODUCTIVE JUSTICE!
Our pathway to Black liberation has been to specialize in the wholly impossible as we fight for our own Human Rights. Our mission and vision puts the health and well-being of Black women, femmes and girls at the center.
We define Reproductive Justice as the Human Right to control your body, sexuality, gender, work, reproduction and ability to form your family. Since 2004, our work has served over 100,000 reflections of ourselves with the innovation of our leadership development, the power of our community organizing, the breadth of our policy advocacy and the transformative nature of culture of change.
The movement-building of New Voices for Reproductive Justice is intersectional and intergenerational. And it looks like 15 years of adventure, uncertainty, resistance, courage, love, heartbreak and joy. From the March for Women's Lives to expanding across Pennsylvania and Ohio to our Voice Your Vote! Project, New Voices is powering Reproductive Justice movement! Oh what a ride it has been! We are grateful for everyone who has supported us on this journey. We would not have made it to 15 years without you.
Our goal is to raise $30,000 on #GivingTuesday using the Crowdrise by GoFundMe Holiday Challenge platform. To go forward into the next 15 years of New Voices for Reproductive Justice, we need your financial support, gifts and contributions on #GivingTuesday, November 27!
In Radical Black love,