This Charity GoFundMe page has been set up to facilitate donations to the Gunflint Trail Fire Department.
Friends of the Gunflint Trail Fire Department (GTFD)
The Gunflint Trail Fire Department (GTFD) is located in northeastern Minnesota and is adjacent to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW). The GTFD is essential to the safety of residents and visitors alike. The men and women of the GTFD carry pagers and, at a moment's notice, drop everything to rush where they are needed. Incidents might include, lost or endangered hikers, canoeists or boaters in distress, structure fires or wildfires, medical emergencies and much more.
This Summer, 2020, two events that are major sources of funding for the GTFD, the annual Gunflint Trail Canoe Races and the Mid-Trail Annual Quilt Raffle & Auction, cannot be held . This threatens the GTFD with a substantial financial shortfall.
Friends of the GTFD are stepping up to help, with donations, raffles, fun items to buy, and a concert.
Updated information can be found at the Friends of GTFD Facebook page: https://tinyurl.com/yakgoh9w
This GoFundMe page has been set up to facilitate donations to GTFD.
Please note that no donation is too small, and all donations are greatly appreciated.
Some might be interested in donating specifically to one of the major expenses facing the GTFD:
* 3 four-stroke motors (abt. $4,000 each)
* 12 air bottles (abt. $1,000 each)
* 6 sets turnout gear (abt. $2,000 each)
If you want to donate to one of these three in particular--perhaps even to purchase fully one of the items--please click on the appropriate button above.
* $15,000 - Maintenance of trucks
* $5,000 - Resupply ambulances
* $5,000 - Six wildland jump suits
* $1400 - Thermal imaging camera
* $2000 - High angle rescue equipment
* $330 - Structure fire hooks
RAFFLES and ITEMS TO PURCHASE and A CONCERT
• There are raffles for a kayak and a quilt--tickets available soon!
• There are items to purchase here, with proceeds going to GTFD: https://www.customink.com/fundraising/safe-summer-2020-for-the-gtfd
• The traditional and annual Gunflint Woods, Winds, Strings and a Little Jazz concert will offer a short, virtual concert prior to the raffle drawings on August 16th. Funds raised by it will go to the GTFD. Details forthcoming on the Facebook page!
SPREAD THE WORD!
Please share us on your Facebook page! (Links at the top and bottom of this page.)
The CharityGoFundMe page is attached to the 501(c)(3) and all donations are tax deductible. (That is, generally, donations to a tax-exempt, public charity created under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code are tax-deductible for an individual for up to 50% of their adjusted gross income or AGI).
Note that the Gunflint Trail Volunteer Fire Department is an affiliated organization and is a 501(c)(4). Its website is http://www.gunflint911.org/