There are so many ways that each of us can help make this world a little better or easier for someone else, we have chosen the following ways to reach out and help.
Our primary focus will always be for the kids.
1) We reach out to and support a lot of different groups to try and make sure “our” and "their" kids have what they need. Surprisingly, many do not have the very basic needs like food, water, clothing and a safe place to call home. Too many kids are parent-less, homeless or in “the system”.
This is just unacceptable on every level.
Some of the things we do to help are as follows:
1) Hold fishing camps, fishing rodeos, camping basics, nature experiences.
Working with SCDNR instructors, we hold clinics to teach kids about fishing, the various types of fish, the how-to's of fishing and finally hands-on fishing itself working with a group of volunteers. The first time or two, the clinics and fishing rodeos are typically done from fishing on the banks of lakes, rivers, ponds and streams.
As time progresses, we get the kids out on boats ranging from 16 feet up to 28-foot pontoon boats.
There is an adage in fishing in which it states "The Tug is the Drug". Having seen this first-hand many times, I can honestly say this is an absolute truth.
2) Camping skills and nature skills basics instruction include the how-to's, where and the whats' of each class. How to set up a campsite, what do you need, how to forage for food and supplies, what nature is all about, how to be a better steward of what we have.
With licensed and experienced instructors, we can teach kids how to hunt. This includes full training with firearms, bows and arrows, crossbows etc..
3) Water sports - we, with the help of others, get kids out on the water for water skiing, tubing, sailing, wake-boarding, and general tomfoolery.
These events typically average 4 hours each trip depending on the size of the group.
4) Working with area groups and clubs of all sorts, obtain through donations and fundraising events to raise funds and awareness of a major problem we have in every area of the world. Hunger and homelessness. While we cannot do it ourselves alone, a lot of groups and organizations pull together and try to help in each and every way possible.
a) Food and clothing drives are being done as well as a variety of "benefits" to get the word out and dollars in.
b) We are assisting with the placement of kids into groups and homes where they can be safe, fed and taught. Some times this is temporary as a parent or guardian might need temporary help, sometimes it results in adoption.
We work with 15 groups (and growing) across the country right now to get this done.
We want to make a positive change in the course of someone’s life.
We offer all of the above items and services free of charge to our guests.
We do this out of love for our fellow man, woman, and child.
It doesn’t matter how young or old, we can all help make a positive change.
We truly believe this.
This is where all of you can help. Do you have some time or the skill to help us?
It doesn’t take much at all to change someone else's life for the better.
Just a little kindness and effort along with a big heart.
If you do not have the time, that is fine, are you able to help financially?
If you cannot do either, then I ask that you keep our efforts in your thoughts
and for those of you that pray, pray.
In any event, you can each do one thing, be kind.