It's that time of the year again! Time for the supports of the Flint Community Cookout to get a little crazy!
This year we wanted to bring you to our June Flint Community Cookout! This year we will be ending our fundraiser letting you throw pies at our faces during the cookout! Also new this year is cool Flint Community Cookout gear in return for your donation! Anyone who donates $60 (the cost of roughly 100 hamburgers) gets a really awesome t-shirt and anyone donates $30 (hot dogs for a month) gets a sticker. Check out the design in the photos above!
Our goal is to show God's love in the city of Flint and bring people together on a monthly basis to share a meal together and get to know one another - a step we believe is crucial in making a different in Flint.
We are thankful to know a group of people so passionate about our mission, they will let you smash a pie in their face, but before they do they need to raise at least $500 each! But our ultimate goes is $5,000! We have seen it done before, and we know it can be done again! Fundraising begins May 30 and ends June 30, where we will celebrate at the cookout!
We are so thankful that last year's fundraiser brought us a new trailer, portable picnic tables and a new grill! THANK YOU! This year we want to support another year of cookouts and help spread the word with some cookout swag, including t-shirts, stickers and vinyl stickers for our trailer!
The Flint Community Cookout, which meets downtown in Riverbank Park (behind Riverfront dorms) the last Saturday of every month, is in its 8th year because of all of you who have supported us along the way. We believe in this cause and we know you do, too. So here's how you can help!
- $300 would, on average, cover the cost of one Flint Community Cookout, including food, activities and other supplies
- $3,600 would cover our costs for a year!
- $1,400 would allow us to stock up on Flint Community Cookout swag and spread our mission!
- $25 would cover a box of burgers for the cookout. $175 would cover the average amount of burgers we use each month.
- $30 covers hotdogs for one cookout. $360 would cover hotdogs for a year.
- $10 is the cost of a big box of sidewalk chalk to bring a family-friendly atmosphere.
Learn more at FlintCookout.com.