Who are the Fletcher Fellows for NECHV?
We are six U.S. military veterans and fellows at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, and we are running the 2020 Boston Marathon to support the New England Center and Home for Veterans!
Since 1775, the Boston area has been steeped in a rich history of service to our Nation. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coastguardsmen from Boston continue to answer the call of duty; however, often Veterans experience challenges transitioning back to civilian life. The New England Center and Home for Veterans (NECHV) provides much needed support and assistance to Veterans across all generations. The Center is a local human service provider that works with and inspires Veterans in the greater-Boston community to find homes and maintain housing stability.
In 2019, NECHV:
- Provided 825 Veterans with supportive counseling
- Successfully assisted 379 Veterans in obtaining permanent housing
- Supported 183 Veterans with transitional beds each night
- Worked with 651 Veterans and their family members to maintain housing stability and remain successful through an array of supportive programs
- Offered 97 permanent homes on site
NECHV also provides:
- Education and Employment Services to include vocational training and resume' writing
- Clinical Services to include behavioral health support and Senior Wellness Programs
- Clinical services and housing tailored to female Veterans – the fastest growing population of homeless Veterans
For more information about the New England Center and Home for Veterans, please click here.
Thank you for supporting this great cause!
**This fundraising campaign is undertaken by the Fellows in a personal capacity in support of NECHV and does not imply endorsement by the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security or the U.S. Government.