On this #GivingTuesday, we want to THANK YOU-our volunteers, donors, friends and supporters for helping us to fulfill our mission to encourage the advancement of the Eritrean diaspora through non-partisan community empowerment.
We are grateful for and humbled by your generosity, which enables us to provide a wide array of innovative programming that can help build solidarity within the Eritrean Diaspora while promoting this community’s collective interests. This year, with our limited resources and awesome volunteers we’ve been able to:
1. Launch the first ever Eritrean Professional Network Group Me- 527 Eritrean students and professionals strong. .
2. Host a Workshop at the beginning of this year for students interested in Grad School titled Grad School-Is it for you? The workshop covered both financing grad school and a panel discussion.
3. Provide continuing and ongoing education and materials to help members of the diaspora navigate through changing immigration policy.
4. Hosted our first Backpack Drive this past August and we were able to provide 78 recent arrival youth in Baltimore with backpacks and school supplies.
5. Collaborate with Deloitte to host a recruitment event for professionals interested in careers within their Government & Public Services sector.
6. Begin a conversation on mental health and us by hosting a workshop titled Mental Health and Us: Mindfulness and Stress based reduction with Yacob Teckie and Shamm Petros.
7. Partnered with other African diaspora organization to sponsor an NSA-Info Session and Networking Event.
8. This was also the inaugural year of the EDN Scholarship Fund. This Year we were able to award $1000 each to freshman Agazeet Haile, senior Ghelatia Araia and Ph.D. student Raymok Ketema. Learn More here. https://eritreandiaspora.org/awardees-of-the-inaugural-edn-scholarship/
9. We have continued to produce our Monthly Professional Development Newsletter that uplifts the work of Eritreans in the Diaspora.
10. We’ve had a lot of fun!! From our Networking Happy Hours to our killer Independence Party this year and our Summer Networking Series-these joyous occasions have been an opportunity for us to come together, network, and shim shim.
And so much more...
In this coming year, we hope to continue to do work that will make our community proud, be innovative, needed and continue to bring us together. In 2020 we will be raising funds to continue the conversation around Mental Health and Us. Our PD team will be starting a web series for building resumes and interview process. Additionally, 2020 will be the second year for the EDN Scholarship Fund which we are looking forward to.
Additionally, we will continue to support and work with the community of recent arrivals in Baltimore by continuing to both plan exciting adventures and outings while also helping them navigate through life in America and its many facets.
In order to continue to do this work, EDN will be looking to raise $3000 this Giving Tuesday.
As you embark on this season of giving, we hope you will continue to include Eritrean Diaspora Network in your charitable giving this year. Please click here to make a donation.
With gratitude and warm wishes for the Holiday Season.
Eritrean Diaspora Network
Eritrean Diaspora Network
** EDN is a 501(c) (3) charitable non-profit organization. Your gifts are eligible as tax deductible donations.**
To learn more about EDN and our work visit us at www.eritreandiaspora.org/ or follow us on social media: