Last year I was selected out of 100 girls to join GGG and travel to Belize and participant in cultural exchange, community service project while exploring a country I have never been to. During my trip to Belize we learned more about the PeaceCorp and their current projects, cooked meals for the students.
Lessons From Belize...
- That we have it made but The kids there are grateful (they have to pay for school and the government restricts their ability to go to college) the kids were so nice, sweet and welcoming
- The US embassy only had one black person she was a graduate from Howard
- It was really hot and uncomfortable sometimes. I am afraid of heights but the team was Zip Lining, the rope was tight lol but I did it! And even though I was scared when I looked down it was Beautiful.
- Their curry Chicken is not ours 😫
- The Mayans cook with amazing tools I did not know Chocolate came from beans I made chocolate 🍫
- I negotiated my Belizean money at the market lol
I am so Thankful for everyone who donated to help me go to Belize last summer, it was amazing and challenging. But guess what it wasn’t about me and I’m proud of all then things I accomplished and all the thing I did even though I was scared.
This year I was selected to travel to Rome, Italy. I am super excited I will be continuing my community service hours with local non profit agencies and helping anyway I can here in my community before I travel to help abroad again.
I am excited to be a Global Citizen and learn more about service learning and cultural exchanges throughout the world. I am so excited to visit Italy and even learn the differences compared to Belize. In order to do this I need your help. Please support my trip to Italy. Meeting this goal ($3500) will include tuition, airfare, housing, local transportation, excursions, and meals. I ask for your help in donating to this study abroad opportunity for a week long in Italy.
Love you guys, Erin.