Engelmann Mountain School is a 501(c)(3) private school located in the forest of the Wasatch Mountains in Big Cottonwood Canyon with an emphasis on spending days in the outdoors and learning through adventure and experience.
Our two goals are:
1. To provide experiential outdoor education for students pre-K through 2nd grade in a private school
2. To create a learning center for students of any age looking for academic support, outdoor adventure, and tutoring in the community
Founded by a small group of Silverfork residents, we are interested in fostering the values needed to support kids and all learners in this beautiful, rich, outdoor environment of Big Cottonwood Canyon nestled in the Wasatch Mountains. We will officially open our doors for the 2021-2022 academic year and have filled our first class with excited students and families! Thank you!
Children are creative, curious and have a pure sense of wonder. At Engelmann Mountain School, our mission is to preserve and nurture those innate characteristics throughout the lifespan.We are passionate about facilitating and offering opportunities where students of all ages will be challenged and supported in expressing themselves, understanding compassion and discovering what they are capable of achieving. Additionally, we hope that Engelmann can offer a place of community collaboration and integration.
We want to thank ALL our donors for supporting Engelmann Mountain School!
1. Our top donors have a wooden placard (shown here) that will be housed in our School Tree and a “Thank You” Ornament made by Anders Carlson, our student representative, mailed as a Keep Sake! For donations of $5,000 or more we would like to extend this offer so you will always be a part of our school!
2. For donations of $1,000 of more, we would like to send you the “Thank You” Ornament made by Anders Carlson as a Keep Sake and token of our deep appreciation for your support!
3. For donations of $10,000 or more, in addition to a placard and keep sake, we will add your name to a program of your choosing: For example, choose from Nordic Skiing, Alpine Skiing, Scholarship Fund, Visual Arts, Music, Reading and Writing, Science Center, Nature Center or a program of your own!
4. We welcome and appreciate donations of any size- no size is too small or too big!
You can specify to us in an email where you would like your money to go, and we will allocate 50% of your donation to that program and the remaining monies will go towards our general fund and be distributed, as necessary.
We will occasionally have fund drives goals- such as a matching grant, so look back here periodically for new updates or in your email. By donating, you will be added to a donor email to be used only for school updates. If you would like to opt out of this email, please let us know by contacting us at EngelmannMtSchool@gmail.com