- In Busia County, in the village of Mundika, a home for street children is operated by a female police officer.
- This home has 21 children in its care at the moment, the eldest being 20 years old, the youngest is 10 years old.
- Over the years this home has been able to reunite 31 children with their families.
- EYGC Ambassador Miss. Russel Wanjiru Obwaku of Busia county and a few of her friends would like to represent EYGC and assist in empowering the street children of the home.
- Ms. Russel and her team will visit the home three days a week for the months of November and December 2020.
- During visits a small meal will take place. A set amount of food will be purchased in advance. Consisting of perhaps rice, beans, maize and sugar.
- Activities such as learning how to knit, crochet, guitar lessons, bead work, drawing and dancing. Other activities may also be included.
- The team will be assisting in teaching and rehoming.
- Collecting and sharing life stories as allowed.
- Funds for foodstuff
- Funds for activities i.e. fishing wire and beads, paper, pencils, yarn…