Women face amplified risks in the pandemic. Poor women & girls are most vulnerable and will face the fallout for years to come.
On #GivingTuesdayNow, Women's Empowerment International (WE) is raising funds to support high-risk women and families impacted by COVID-19.
100% of your donation to WE will fund these urgent needs:
- WE partners in San Diego and Puerto Rico are responding to spikes in domestic and gender-based violence since shelter-in-place orders took effect.
- Your donation will support trained counselors with the WE STAR & Libera programs who are responding to women's calls for assistance and needs for emergency loans.
- In Haiti, women community health entrepreneurs (CHEs) are providing frontline screenings and health care products in remote rural villages.
- Your donation will fund the Boutik Sante program and its women health care providers.
Feeding the Hungry
- In Tijuana, Mexico and in Honduras, women are preparing meals for hungry migrants in temporary shelters and continuing to operate rural food shops "pulperias" to feed their villages.
- Your donation will support WE partners whose women clients now face hunger and food insecurity.
- Grandmothers in Uganda who depend on selling goods and crops in local markets have lost their income. While many are hungry, fresh crops go to waste.
- Your donation will fund microloans to grandmothers caring for and educating young children during lock down.
Women's Empowerment International is a 501c3 charitable organization based in San Diego, CA. Since 2005, WE has raised more than $2M to support and empower 20,000 poor women in the United States, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Honduras, Haiti, Ghana and Uganda. Join us today at www.womenempowerment.org