As the region reopens and our small businesses continue to recover, Eastern Market Main Street (EMMS) needs your help to continue our mission.
We are reaching out to the community to help us raise $2,500 by September 30th. A donation of $25 or more will go towards direct support of 300+ small businesses, community events and public art. Thank you for your support!
As a designated DC Main Streets program and an accredited member of the National Main Street Center, EMMS is dedicated to supporting small businesses and fostering a vibrant, neighborhood-serving corridor through public and private space improvements, capacity-building resources, and community events and campaigns. Over the past 18 months we have supported over 300 small businesses with services including:
· Conducting over 350 hours of technical assistance helping business owners with grant and loan applications, lease negotiations, financial planning and management, marketing and social media, establishment of e-commerce, and strategic planning.
· Distributing $75,000 in emergency small business grants thanks to funding from the DC Department of Small & Local Business Development (DSLBD) and contributions to our GoFundMe campaign.
· Hosting or supporting monthly promotional events (virtually, of course) such as the EMMS Scavenger Hunt, DC Dog Days Sidewalk Sale, the Hill Rag Face Mask Photo Contest, The Holly Days, the National Cherry Blossom Festival and DC Small Business Month.
· Distributing (in collaboration with the DC Mayor’s Office, the Capitol Hill BID and Barrack’s Row Main Street) 220 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits to Capitol Hill small businesses in support of Re-Open DC Phase One. And with grant funding from DSLBD and ANC6B, we were able to purchase and distribute 50 additional kits during Phase Two.
· Advocating on behalf of the small business community to the DC Mayor’s Office, DC City Council, and various local and federal agencies on an assortment of topics from grants and economic stimulus, taxes and fees, and permitting.
· Promoting corridor businesses and happenings with daily social media posts; and informative newsletters to local businesses and the surrounding community.
Note: EMMS supports small businesses in the corridor from Pennsylvania Ave SE to North Carolina Ave SE (6th Street SE to 8th Street SE): https://www.easternmarketmainstreet.org/