Amid the COVID-19 outbreak in NYC, The Julianna Rose Chilrens Foundation has created a Free Emergency Home Repair & Appliance repair/replacement Program #EHARP for NYC medical and first respondser communities, families of children with disabilities, the elderly, and NYC residents with emergent needs.
While the medical and first responder communities are taking care of NYC, at the sacrifice of their own families and homes, we want to ease the burden for them, just a little, by taking care of their emergent home repair and or appliance repair/replacement needs. In addition to the medical and first responder communities, we will provide free EHARP services to
1. Households with children / adults with disabilities
2. Households with elderly
3. Other NYC residents with emergent need
We have reached out to several large home improvment and roofing companies including Lowes, Home Depot, Allied Building Supply, and Ace Hardware requesting donations of necessary materials and appliances and, has started creating a network of NYC licensed contractors, who will perform the emergency repairs at no cost.
The Julianna Rose Children's Foundation Emergency Home Repair Program, EHARP, will include:
1. Repair or replacement of actively damaged *roofs, *siding, *chimney, *leaders or gutters, broken windows, entrance way doors/locks.
a. Roofs with active leaks
b. Loose siding, leaders and gutters posing danger to homeowners or others.
c. Loose or collapsing chimney, posing danger to homeowners or others
d. Any necessary repair of, or replacement of, any issues causing immediate danger to life or property.
2. Repair or replacement of damaged/non-working essential appliances; stove, refrigerator, freezer, hot water heater, boiler, heating/ac units. Replaced appliances are not replaced in-kind and are replaced with whatever options are available through donations received.
3. Repair or replacement of necessary plumbing fixtures, pipes and water mains, and electric fixtures, wiring, outlets, switches, with priority given to households utilizing ventilators or other necessary medical equipment.
Necessary plumbing fixtures include 1 toilet, 1 tub/shower, 1 bathroom and 1 kitchen sink. Replaced plumbing fixtures are not replaced in-kind and are replaced with whatever options are available through donations received.
4. Repairs to or installation of wheelchair ramps and other required accessibility items such as grab bars and lifts
The Julianna Rose Children's Foundation will utilize donations made to this campaign as follows:
1. To purchase goods and materials necessary for Emergency Home Repairs and appliance repair and or replacement.
2. Flat rate of Payment to licensed NYC home improvement contractors and trades contractors performing repairs