During this pandemic, the needs of so many in our community are paramount – and Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley (JFS SV) is here to meet them. Your JFS has increased its services that address financial instability, access to food, mental health, and isolation. Our success depends on your support.
Help JFS SV protect our community as we continue to:
• Deliver prescription medications and groceries to Holocaust survivors, Chai House residents, disabled adults, newly arrived refugees, and isolated seniors
• Provide hand-sewn masks from our Knitzvah volunteers to medical professionals and others providing essential COVID-19 relief
• Connect unemployed adults with employers
• Explain housing and payment rights during this unique time to refugees and others
• Connect isolated seniors through phone buddies, counseling and specialized technology
Your gift helps people like "LR"; a stressed and anxious man in his mid-fifties. LR lost his job, and faces a great deal of economic hardship – along with fear of contracting the virus. Along with his financial difficulties, LR was depressed and feeling hopeless. Our counselor Sandra provides financial aid, ongoing counseling and support - and in LR’s words, “saved his life.”
Please be our partner and you too can help save lives. Even with the uncertainty around us we are certain we can count on you. Thank you for your help!