We are raising funds to provide needed resources to meet basic needs for our Ely area neighbors during social distancing, shelter in place and quarantine orders and provide follow up assistance for individuals who become ill with COVID-19.
YOUR FUNDS WILL SUPPORT:
- Providing face masks, face shields, and other personal protection to local frontline organizations and vulnerable individuals
- Delivering hot meals, prescriptions, and other vital needs to those who are ill with COVID-19 in our community to support their isolation and recovery
- Providing regular wellness checks and connective technology with those who are elderly, immune compromised, living with mental illness, and others who are vulnerable to make sure everyone in our community feels safe and connected
- Creating educational materials for the community, such as PSAs on the radio
- Offering support to nonprofits and businesses who provide direct services in our community
We are partnering with and distributing these funds to local healthcare, nonprofits, restaurants, and community groups to serve the Ely, Winton, Tower, Babbitt, and Embarrass area. We will make every effort to buy local.
Pathways to Wellness is a local service that helps community members in our area connect to supports and services to improve their quality of life. Our Care Facilitators partner with individuals and families to improve health and wellbeing.
We are a project of the Ely Community Care Team, a coalition of more than twenty local organizations (www.elycct.org). Our skilled, trained professionals are located within the following organizations: Essentia Clinic - Ely, Ely Community Resource, Well Being Development, St. Anthony's and St. Pius X Catholic Churches. Covid-19 funds will not be limited to participants of these organizations but help anyone in our area who needs care.
If any funds remain after the COVID-19 pandemic passes, they will be incorperated into the existing Community Wellness Fund which provides micro-grants to meet basics needs such as food, fuel, and clothing for low-income adults experiencing mental illness in our community.
Read more about Pathways to Wellness and check out COVID-19 community resources: http://www.elycct.org/gethelpnow/
We thank you for your donation on behalf of our community, whether it is $1, $10, $100, or a portion or all of your stimulus check (#passthecheck). Your donation is tax deductable.