In Eposak we transform lives through sustainable tourism in unique, remote and underdeveloped tourism destinations in Venezuela. With the MASTER PLAN program developed for one of our indigenous communities, the Kamarata Valley, we will improve the education of over 700 children and young adults studying in this place, through the most important resource: THE TEACHERS.
WHAT IS BEHIND A PROPER EDUCATION? A survey presented in the Global Educational Summit in Qatar in 2015, with the participation of 1,550 teachers, students, politicians and businessmen from 149 countries, showed that 74% of the dissatisfaction with a country's educational system lies in the low quality of the teachers. Since 2014, the 31 teachers responsible for the education of the 710 students of the Kamarata Valley do not receive any pedagogical updating. As a remote community, only reachable by private planes and due to Venezuela's socio-economic crisis, teachers have been isolated. Even though they share an outstanding eagerness to educate, Kamarata teachers feel the need to improve their skills, reach more students and have a more profound impact.
SOLUTION: MASTER PLAN program
A program designed to enhance the learning experience of the students of the Kamarata valley by working with the teachers to update lessons plans, theoretical and attitudinal approaches and evaluate the most efficient educational method for the community.
• Committing with the continuous quality improvement of the education in Kamarata • Adequately and creatively using the curricular tools and resources available for teaching
• Continuously evaluating the academic offer and the schools performance
• Exchanging experiences that improve the well being of all the members of the community
• Working with enthusiasm and efficiency as agents of change in the process of educational transformation
Kamarata Valley (near to Angel Falls), Venezuela
• Direct beneficiaries: 31 teachers
• Indirect beneficiaries: 710 children and young adults
• Level of priority for the community: #1 problem for the teachers
• Social impact: Instruct all the teachers in the community with updated educational methods and recover sports fields to practice teamwork and integration dynamics.
• 5 specialized teachers for the training (2 weeks workshop)
• 1 academic coordinator from Kamarata
• 1 Eposak coordinator
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Kamarata is a remote community only reachable by private planes, so the best way to help us is with the transportation costs and living expenses of the teachers for the duration of the program.
• 50 USD = 1 day for 1 teacher
• 100 USD = 1 day for 1 teacher (including meals)
• 150 USD = 1 day for 1 teacher (including meals and transportation in the valley)
• 200 USD = 2 days for 1 teacher
• 300 USD = 2 days for 1 teacher (including meals and transportation in the valley)
• 500 USD = One way transfer Caracas – Kamarata for 1 teacher
• 1,000 USD = Round trip Caracas – Kamarata for 1 teacher
• 3,000 USD = Full program for 1 teacher
Let's make Kamarata teachers amazing!
A non-profit organization with the purpose of transforming lives through sustainable tourism in unique, remote and underdeveloped tourism destinations in Venezuela.
Our projects prepare the communities to reach their tourism potential through several ways, one of which is education. A high quality education guarantees a more involved community able to propose solutions for their problems, develop and implement new ideas, become entrepreneurs and prepare for tourism activities as a sustainable form of income.
Education becomes vital for tourism as a development tool!
• Since 2012
• 4 Eposak communities
• 53 projects
• 214 direct beneficiaries
• 627 indirect beneficiaries
• 190 volunteers mobilized
• 760 hours of volunteering activity
• + 120k USD investment
• + 40 workshops