At EDify Talks, we strive to EDUCATE the community, DIVERSIFY the narrative, and END the stigma around eating disorders and related issues.
EDify Talks launched this August and we have already accomplished so much! But we need your help to make a bigger impact! If you donate, your donation would go towards:
- Zoom Pro accounts for future webinars.
- Company marketing items to promote our brand.
- Allowing us to run as an organization.
- Website fees.
- Any fees for any projects we have or are in the midst of launching, i.e. printing our magazines, our future app, etc.
- Any amount: A thank you note from our founder.
- $10: Mentioned on our website as a Cub Supporter!
- $30: Mentioned on our website and magazine as a Yearling Supporter.
- $50: Mentioned on our website and magazine as an Eddy Supporter. You may also publish a letter to those struggling with an eating disorder that will be published in our magazine.*
Why should you care?
Eating disorders are one of the deadliest mental illnesses, only second to opioid overdose. Eating disorder cases have been on the rise, the rate of children under twelve admitted to a hospital for eating disorders rose 119% in less than a decade.
About 10,200 deaths every year are the direct result of an eating disorder, which is one death every 52 minutes. In addition, an eating disorder can lead to co-occurring illnesses, such as depression and anxiety. About 26% of those suffering from eating disorders attempt suicide.
We thank you for your support in raising eating disorder awareness! Your support truly means a lot to us and we cannot wait to create the future with you.
More Information about EDify Talks here.
*We will edit it if it has triggering information!