It's E4K time again! Last year, y'all helped me raise $250 during my yarn-a-thon, so I would love to break $300 this year. You can read all about Endure 4 Kindness below and I'm always here for any questions you may have. Here's the rundown on my 2019 Yarn-a-thon:
Who: Me! Dreana, your resident bone/yarn/cat nerd and Random Acts volunteer <3
What: A yarn-a-thon! I'm actually going to be double dipping this year and participating in E4K and the Crochet Cancer Challenge at the same time. During CCC, people provide free patterns for different beanies/hats each day of October and challenge participants agree to donate at least one hat from each pattern they download to a local cancer center, patient, or caregiver. I'll be going through as many of the patterns as I can during E4K and continuing afterwards until I finish CCC.
When: I'll be dedicating (at least) 19 hours to E4KRA19! To make that happen, I'll begin crocheting at 5AM ET on Sunday, October 27th and will continue with minimal breaks until 11:59 PM ET.
Where: I'll be crocheting at my house, but y'all can join in on the party on my Facebook if we're already Facebook friends, or at my public twitter (@imjustallnerves). I plan on sharing updates and commentary throughout the day.
How: How can you celebrate my cramping hands and show your support? Excellent question. You can follow my adventure on social media, donate (and receive incentives), and share my page so that others can donate, too.
Why: Because your donation makes this world a better place! Last year, E4K donations helped Random Acts to fight childhood hunger in all 50 US States as well as several other countries and territories. I can't wait to show off what this year's donations will accomplish!
* $10: You're fantastic! You can choose the color of a hat I'll be making AND you'll receive a coupon code for 10% off your total purchase at my Etsy shop.
* $11-49: Wow, look at you! You can choose one hat color for each $10 donated, and you'll also receive a coupon code for 25% off your total purchase at my Etsy shop.
* $50-99: DANG, you rock! At this level, you can choose one hat color for every $10 donated, and your choice of EITHER a coupon code for 30% your total purchase at my Etsy shop OR a small surprise mailed to you (Etsy shop value $3-5).
* $100+: Okay, super star, let's up these prizes. You'll still be able to choose one hat color for every $10, and you also have your choice of EITHER a coupon code for 30% off your total purchase at my Etsy shop OR a small surprise mailed to you (Etsy shop value $5-10).
* Please include your color choic(es) as a comment with your donation.
* No matter how many donations I receive, I will be fulfilling EVERY person's individual color request. If I don't finish during E4K, I will be finishing as soon as I can afterwards, which will ideally be by the end of November.
* All completed hats will be donated to local cancer organizations that have helped my family through my mom's treatment, including a chemo center, radiation center, oncology office, and breast care center.
* Etsy shop mentioned above is: www.etsy.com/shop/yarnetal
Every year, supporters around the world come together to participate in E4K, endure for Kindness, stretching themselves to their personal limits, and raising funds for Random Acts while promoting a message of kindness.
Random Acts then uses the funds to do, well, you know what we are about – Conquering the world, one Random Act of Kindness at a time.
Acts fueled by E4K span the globe. No act is too big or too small— and your E4K support is what makes it happen. Your generosity will empower us to create another year of life-changing acts of kindness.
E4K is about pushing yourself to do your personal best. Run marathons, do 5K’s, knit massive quantities of blankets for the homeless, climb mountains, or host community-wide doodle-thons. The choice is yours. Keep in mind Kindness is a marathon, not a sprint. Stretch yourself to do the most that you can in the time that you have, and show others that spreading kindness is worth the effort.
This year Endure 4 Kindness will be held from October 26th to October 27th. Visit our site to find out other ways that you can participate.