Note: Event is cancelled.
Due to being unable to attain a permit from Alberta Parks, we've been forced to cancel the Drag at the crag event. We will be leaving up this donation page in case you would still like to donate to this great cause.
We'll be dressing in drag and rock climbing at Grassi Lakes (in Canmore, Alberta, Canada) on June 23rd, 2018 to help raise money and awareness in support of gender equality with Equality Now! (https://www.equalitynow.org) Please consider donating to this fantastic organization and/or donning your own awesome outfit and come climb with us!
Since 1992, Equality Now has advanced women’s and girls’ rights by:
- Combining legal advocacy with strategic litigation (taking carefully-selected cases to court to change laws and set legal precedents)
- Influencing policy makers to strengthen human rights laws and mechanisms
- Holding governments accountable to international human rights law and standards
- Elevating local advocacy to regional and international levels
- Building partnerships with local activists, organizations, and coalitions that are most familiar with the challenges and solutions in their particular communities
- Inspiring the public and the media to take action against human rights abuses