On May 5, 2019, over 15,000 people will push themselves to the limit as they compete in the BMO Vancouver Marathon. As they do, many of them will be making a huge impact in the lives of young people with Down syndrome.
As a Gold Charity of the BMO Vancouver Marathon, runners are invited to participate on behalf of the Down Syndrome Research Foundation, raising funds to empower individuals with Down syndrome to reach their full potential as contributing members of the community. This initiative is part of the Marathon's RUN4HOPE, and is open to participants in the full marathon, half marathon, marathon relay, 8k or 2.5k run.
As a DSRF Charity Runner, participants commit to raising a minimum of $100 dollars for DSRF, using the fundraising tools on this website. DSRF directly supports our runners to help make your fundraising a success. Specifically, DSRF will provide:
- a customized fundraising web page
- promotion through DSRF's website, Facebook and Twitter
- regular e-mails from DSRF with fundraising tips and encouragement
- a DSRF “hand in hand” pin
- the top two fundraisers will receive tickets to join us at the BMO Vancouver Marathon media event that serves as the kickoff to race weekend
- the satisfaction of helping young people with Down syndrome reach their full potential, and the greatest cheering section you can imagine during the race
Also, if you raise $400 or more, the BMO Vancouver Marathon will refund 20% of your race registration fee!
Are you a runner? Please consider running hand in hand with young people with Down syndrome, by joining the DSRF team. Click here to register for the Marathon and then click on the Charity Runner button at the top of the page. When prompted, select the Down Syndrome Research Foundation from the list of charities you can fundraise for. After registering for the Marathon, you will receive an e-mail prompting you to set up your fundraising webpage.
Not a marathoner? You can still help! The Down Syndrome Research Foundation will be operating a water station along the Marathon route, and we need at least 25 volunteers to be part of our team! Please join us as we cheer on our runners and spread the word about DSRF. Please e-mail Heather Silberberg or call 604-444-3773 for more information.
Thank you for running for individuals with Down syndrome!