The Tahoe City Downtown Association (TCDA) has worked to make Tahoe City America’s Favorite Mountain Town the best place to live, work, play, and visit since 2004.
We work to ensure beloved traditions continue – from our signature events to town-wide beautification projects and we show up for our business community to advocate for our town when it matters most. When the shutdown happened, our staff was able to quickly pivot to support our local business community, help gather and distribute critical PPE for free, and work with local and county officials to ensure the health and safety of our community, our businesses, and our visitors.
This year, the COVID-19 pandemic required the cancelation of all of our major fundraising events including Concerts at Commons Beach, the 4th of July Fireworks, the Tahoe City Food & Wine Classic, and Tahoe City Oktoberfest – events that were created to support our local business community. As a result, we lost 60% of our annual operating revenue. For a small nonprofit organization, whose mission is to support the local business community, this has come as a significant blow.
As we continue to adapt and do the work to recover from the effects of this pandemic, we are humbly asking for help from our community. Your generous contribution to the TCDA will help us come back stronger as we continue to support Tahoe City businesses, and work toward building a more resilient community.
TCDA milestones since March 2020
· Distributing pandemic resources & education information
· Fostered donors to support the TTCF Emergency Response Fund
· Worked with artist Sara Smith of “Tahoe, We Are Stronger Together” mural
· Co-hosted free PPE distribution days
· Advocated for Placer Shares Grant Program
· Co-launched the Gift Card & Online Shopping Program
· Co-hosting #TakeOutTahoe campaign in November & December
· Launched the inaugural Explorathon
· Coordinated first Tahoe City Halloween Hunt
· Broadcast Best of Concerts at Commons Beach series
· Beautified Tahoe City with summer flower baskets & fall cornstalk decorations
· Held annual Scarecrow Contest
· Coordinated Downtown Lighting Program
· Spearheading replacing the “Tahoe City Big Tree” lights. Being lit Nov. 28.
READ MORE about TCDA's Covid-19 Response.
Please help support TCDA by keeping these programs active. Many of our programs and events are free to attend, but not free to produce. We need your help, and we THANK YOU for your support - you make a difference!
*Tahoe City Downtown Association is a nonprofit 501c(6) organization. While this is not a charitable deduction, it likely could be a business expense deduction for qualifying donors. Please ask your financial advisor.