PLEASE NOTE: The $75,000 goal of this Charity.GoFundMe page is part of a multi-tiered approach to reach our goal of $100,000 to replace lost revenues from cancelled in-person events including our 5th Annual Hot Southern Nights Dinner & Auction and our 22nd Annual Retirement Lifestyle Expo.
As you know, many businesses have been hit hard by the effects of the pandemic. Our Senior Center is no exception. For over 46 years, we have been a vital community partner.
The Senior Center provides a wide variety of programs and services to community Seniors to support independence, enhance physical and mental capabilities, and encourage involvement in and with the overall community.
The Senior Center’s programs range from Meals on Wheels, Center for Adult Day Care, and homemaker services to wellness education, recreation & physical fitness, and more!
We are working hard to find ways to be here, fully intact, when our seniors are able to safely return.
Without your support we may have to cut back some essential services for Seniors.
For more information about the Senior Center, please see our website at www.SeniorView.com.
* * * * * * *
What does your support help provide?
* The Senior Center serves more than 6,000 seniors each month.
160 classes, art & educational opportunities, and meetings are held each week and are free of charge (except for supplies).
* Meals on Wheels provides an average of 62,500 meals annually. This need-based program saves taxpayers $8,750,000 yearly. (Meal delivery is ongoing.)
* Since 1981, the Center for Adult Day Care has served adults age 18+ who are physically and or mentally disabled to the extent that they cannot be left alone during the day. This program has enabled family members to work while knowing their disabled loved ones are well cared for. (currently closed)
* Six Nutrition Centers (including our Drake campus) throughout Madison County. These neighborhood locations make it possible for seniors to have a hot, nutritious lunch at a center not far from home. (meals ongoing)
* The Senior Center Health Room is staffed with two Registered Nurses who provide health services both at the Senior Center and in the community.
* The Fitness Program includes a wide variety of exercise programs designed to maintain and improve overall health: Studio 60 Fitness Center, line dancing, yoga, balance, Zumba Gold, pilates, pickleball, ballroom dancing, and tai chi. (currently closed)
* Rock Steady Boxing Rocket City is part of a nationwide program which uses boxing training techniques to successfully impede the progression of Parkinson’s disease. (currently closed)
* The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) serves as a clearing house, matching seniors who want to use their life experience and skills to help community non-profits and neighbors in need. (reduced visits)
* Homemaker Services assists seniors who cannot perform some basic daily living activities but still are able to live independently in their own homes. (currently closed)