Dolphin Project is excited to host its fifth annual virtual race during our 50th Anniversary year to raise awareness about dolphin captivity and to raise needed funds to support our Taiji Cove Monitor campaign and the Bali Dolphin Sanctuary. Please join us as we run, walk, bike, or swim to spread the word that they deserve to live wild and free in the sea!
The official race date is October 10, but you can do the race anytime in the week before, or spread out your mileage across several days.
During this time of social distancing, a virtual race is the perfect opportunity to stay fit and support our cause in a safe way. Challenge your friends to join you and share your training progress!
Anyone can participate no matter where they live, and you can do so safely by observing all social distancing recommendations.
Feel free to come up with your own challenge-- whether its doing ten push-ups a day, or getting the kids active for 30 minutes a day!
Not a runner? No problem! Walk, bike, hike, swim, skate, or paddle!
Suggested run/walk distance: 5k
Suggested swim distance: 1500m
Suggested biking distance: 15 miles
Costumes and creativity welcome and encouraged!
In order to participate, please set up your own fundraiser page by clicking the "Join" button to get started. Participants who raise over $50 before AUGUST 31 will receive an event t-shirt and medal.
- In order to receive your shirt and medal, you MUST create your own fundraiser! We recommend you donate the first $50 as your registration fee to secure your prize pack, and then share your fundraiser with family and friends.
- Teams and families are welcome to join! ($50 fundraising minimum per team member for each person to receive a prize pack, please)
- Just want to donate? That's awesome-- click the Donate button.
We'll contact everyone who meets the fundraising requirement by AUGUST 31 to request mailing addresses and shirt sizes. If the minimum is raised after the AUGUST 31 deadline, you may still be eligible to receive your prize packet at a later date, pending availability.
International participants are welcome! We appreciate any consideration to help us cover additional shipping fees. Please allow 14 days for shipping.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED! Categories include:
- Best times for run, bike, and swim categories
- Most donations raised
- Most creative fundraiser
Make sure you post your times and photos on our official FB EVENT PAGE. You can also share by using the hashtag #dolphinprojectrace on your social media accounts. What else you can do:
- Represent in your Dolphin Project athletic top
- Ask your friends to Take the Pledge not to buy a ticket to a dolphin show
Questions? Email us at email@example.com