I first was introduced to Sportable a year ago during a CarMax team builder. I was instantly sold on the mission...
- Freeing our athletes to see beyond their disabilities
- Building peer relationships and reducing social isolation
- Facilitating physical and attitudinal change in our community
Besides volunteering, riding in the foremost gravel event, The Dirty Kanza, seemed like the perfect way to support this mission.
- Gravel cycling is all about pushing yourself to the edge of your abilities
- Gravel cycling is all about community
I plan to ride in the DK100, a 100 mile gravel road ride in the middle of Kansas on June 1, 2019 to push myself but also bring awareness of Sportable's great mission serving Adaptive Athletes in RVA.
Please pledge and share my journey.
Check out more about Sportable at www.sportable.org
Thanks - Dohn